Diploma in Marketing Management
Diploma in Marketing Management
The purpose of this programme is to instil and broaden students’ marketing knowledge, business management knowledge, and the application thereof, in terms of the principles, theories, thought-schools, methods and application processes involved in the various fields required in the core marketing management function.
NQF level 6. 360 credits
Min. 3 years. Max. 8 years.
Full qualification cost:
There are nine learning outcomes in this programme
- Master a broad knowledge of marketing principles and basic application skills in the marketing field.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of business management knowledge, functional areas within an organisation and how it applies to the business environment.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the principles of project management and how these principles should be applied in a marketing environment.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the principles of financial management knowledge and how it applies to the marketing and business environment to understand how the marketing activities pursued will be affected by the finance function or may have an impact on the finance function.
- Solve practical marketing problems by applying skills learned in the relevant marketing modules.
- Select, apply and evaluate typical methods and procedure to assist in making informed marketing and business decisions.
- Produce a strategic marketing plan including a detailed implementation plan.
- Practically apply workplace scenarios contained in case studies, scenarios and in practical and workplace settings, draw on the models, theories and concepts taught during the 3 year study period on the Programme, and to practically integrate the full range of theory to practice based situations which may contain significant parallels to workplace realities in an effort to mirror the ‘real world’ marketing executives are expected to deal with in a constantly changing business environment.
- Identify the tools required to successfully start and manage a small business.
This programme consists of 18 modules and is structured as follows:
Modules Year 1
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Academic Literacy (AL – non-credit bearing)
- Principles of Business Communication (20 credits)
- Principles of Business Management (20 credits)
- Principles of Digital Marketing (20 credits)
- Principles of Financial Management (20 credits)
- Principles of Project Management (20 credits)
Modules Year 2
- Application of Marketing (20 credits)
- Application of Business Management (20 credits)
- Application of Digital & Mobile Marketing (20 credits)
- Application of Financial Management (20 credits)
- Business Law (20 credits)
- Marketing Communications (20 credits)
- Marketing Research (20 credits)
Modules Year 3
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
- Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Work Integrated Learning (20 credits)
|Fees for Diploma Programmes||SA Fee per module|
|New student registration fee (once-off payment)||R1 675.00 (non-refundable)|
|Semester fee||R550.00 (non-refundable)|
|Assessment fee per module||R3 100.00|
|Late registration fee per module an addition||R500.00 per module|
* Assumes completion over a 3 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis