The IMM Graduate School of Marketing (IMM GSM) as a business is structured with two main divisions, namely Academics and Operations. The management members of the IMM GSM report to the CEO, who in turn report to the IMM Group Board.
All Academic functions are managed by the Academic Head. All Operational functions are managed by the Executive Head: Operations.
Academic Board (AB)
The Academic Board of the IMM GSM is the highest academic decision-making authority of the IMM GSM. It oversees all of the academic quality assurance processes to ensure that students receive the necessary knowledge, skills and expertise needed to meet the demands of the market place and excel within a dynamic and ever-changing working environment.
The highly-qualified members of the IMM GSM Academic Board and their established committees ensure that the content and quality of the IMM GSM programmes, supporting guides and textbooks are current and in line with progressive marketing principles and developments.
The Academic Board of the IMM GSM is committed to the following ethos:
- To acknowledge the human dignity and worth of all South Africans and recognise that learner-centred education of the highest standard is the way to improve quality of life, equality and the advancement of human rights and freedom of all South African citizens
- To align all IMM GSM policies and procedures to give effect and enhance the transformation of education in order to address the imbalances of the past and, in doing so, contribute significantly to the development of the workforce of southern Africa
Academic Executive Committee (AEC)
The AEC is an executive decision-making body which deals with day-to-day academic policy matters. The AEC will make recommendations to the Academic Board in terms of policies and procedures which require amendment.
The AEC is also responsible for the verification of assignment and examination results which are presented to the Academic Board for approval.
Academic Board Subcommittees
The following Academic Subcommittees report to the Academic Board:
- Academic Programmes Committee – The Academic Programmes Committee is responsible for the alignment of all academic programmes to DHET, CHE and SAQA criteria as well as quality assurance of all academic content
- Assessment Committee – The Assessment Committee oversees all assessment matters ranging from the setting of assignment and exam question papers, the marking thereof, standard setting as well preparation of results for verification by the AEC. The Assessment Committee is also responsible for all matters relating to plagiarism and examination transgressions
- Innovation Hub Committee – The Innovation Hub Committee oversees all matters relating to new technology options in relation to learning and customer care
- Research Committee – The Research Committee oversees all matters relating to research modules
- Teaching and Learning Committee – The Teaching and Learning Committee oversees all module specific pedagogic matters
- Textbook Committee – The Textbook Committee is responsible for the updating of all textbooks used by IMM GSM students